Tulane University School of Medicine
Established in 1834, Tulane University School of Medicine became the second medical school in the deep south. Since then, the school has made it its mission to “improve human health and foster healthy communities through discovery and translation of the best science into clinical practice and education; to deliver the highest quality patient care and prepare the next generation of distinguished clinical and scientific leaders.” As one of the most recognized medical education centers, Tulane consistently educates compassionate, dedicated healthcare professionals.
In 2015, Tulane University School of Medicine got in touch with AllofE Solutions and was looking for a curriculum management system. After discussing the functionality of eCurriculum, it became the solution for the challenge Tulane University School of Medicine was facing.
The Solution: Implementing eCurriculum
Tulane University School of Medicine customized the eCurriculum application module to fit its specific program needs.
eCurriculum is a custom curricular structure, gap and overlap analysis, and curriculum improvement system. Schools are able to structure, map, report, analyze, and refine their curriculum. Features included in Tulane University School of Medicine’s implementation gave administrators the ability to manage and align curriculum. This means the school was able to customize courses, sessions, objectives, topics, and session types details. They then were able to import preloaded standards and competencies into the curriculum. In Tulane University School of Medicine’s implementation, other features included:
- Curriculum Website – Comprehensive website with curriculum data entered by administration and faculty
- User Accounts – Preloaded with account information for the faculty and staff
- Rich Text Editor – Implemented at various places within the administrative part of the system to allow easy data entry and management, uploading of documents, and linking resources
- Security – Security structure to protect data
- Reports – Detailed reports regarding curriculum structure gaps and overlay
Customizing the Solution
Later on in their partnership, Tulane University School of Medicine worked closely with AllofE to implement customized features in its curriculum management system. These customizations included:
- Customized access level for view only of the curriculum website
- New interface implemented to map session events to new dates based on start/end dates for a new term
- Built subscribe option for the eCurriculum calendar; allowing students to subscribe to the calendar by URL to their personal calendars
- eCurriculum Calendar enhancements including a feature that would show a course name by hovering over a calendar event
As Tulane University School of Medicine continues to educate extraordinary students in a vibrant, compassionate environment, AllofE and Tulane University School of Medicine look forward to continuing their partnership and supporting their education program needs with eMedley.